Let The Count Down Begin

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stranger Magnet

This is such a funny story I thought I would share it with all of you.

My sisters are always telling me that I am a total stranger magnet. They say that it doesn't matter where we go, someone always feels the need to talk to me. They just don't talk to me they feel the need to invade my personal space.

Lately, I've started realizing that they are right. Soooo today I went to Costco. Randomly enough a stranger asked if she could help me pick out a watermelon? Okay I let her help me. We stood there slapping watermelons until we could hear a louder echo. She told me that the louder echo means that the watermelon is ready to eat. At least I can say that I now know how to pick a watermelon. Thank you to the stranger, who I saw again as I was exiting.

While waiting in line to buy lunch another total random stranger began talking to me. This time this stranger must of felt really comfortable because she put her groceries inside my cart before she asked if she could place them down because they were getting to heavy for her. She proceeded to talk to us and asked Ryley what her sister's name was. Well as we've said before, Ryley has a different name for her sister everyday. She told the stranger her name is Mia. Ryley didn't flinch, giggle, or smile. She was serious. The lady started telling us about a Mia she knows. I didn't correct her and tell her Kai's real name. Before I knew it, the lady was cooing at Mia aka Kai and calling her Mia. Ryley kept talking to her sister (they were sitting side by side in the Costco shopping cart) and calling her Mia. Ryley told the lady that she accidentally hit Mia with her elbow and Mia cried. We kept the ladies groceries in our cart until after we both bought our food. She said goodbye to Ryley and Mia.

In Spanish Mia means mine, it's a cute nickname...Mia Kai

The darnest things kids say...

On our way to swim lessons, Ryley saw a horse and told me that the horse was dead, because it was on laying on the dirt. I tried to reassure her that it was not dead. On our way home she saw it again and yelled out, "look mommy it's not dead", the horse was walking around in it's horse stable.

On our way home Ryley saw a cow laying down...she said, "mommy that cow fell on it's booty it really really hurt itself". Where does she come up with this? The cow was taking a break and laying on the grass.



1 comment:

jenibug said...

Oh I love this! I thought I was a "stranger magnet" but you've got an even stronger attraction! Luckily they don't talk to me, they just like to be close to me for some reason!
Your girls are so cute together!
Saw the picture of you guys at Disneyland in the rain on Patty's blog. Looked like fun!