Let The Count Down Begin

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back from Vac!

FIRST and for most...THANK YOU DAVID! You are such a wonderful husband to have taken vacation time from work to stay home and take care of our girls. It was absolutely appreciated! I owe you BIG TIME! You scored a ton of points with...your one and only!! The minute I told you about our getaway...You said, "YES!!" without hesitation...You didn't think about it or even bat an eye at the idea. I love you more today then I did the first day I met you! I can't wait for our family vacation and OUR vacation!!!

The first couple of days were hard. I missed David and my two girls!!! This is how is went down...They all dropped me off at Ontario Airport. Ryley started crying, she kept asking me not to go. She started getting more dramatic and kept going back and forth between asking me not to go and if she could come with me. By the time I had to say goodbye, my voice was shaking, I was holding back my own tears as she was grabbing my hands pleading and begging me not to go. The other sad part was that Kai fell asleep on our way. I gave her a hug and kiss and said goodbye as she slept away. Your heart breaks when you kids pull this sort of stuff on you! This being said...once I started sleeping in, worrying only about ME:), laying out at the pool, reading books, and just RELAXING...it was time to come home!! Cactus...the plant of choice.

Scottsdale, AZ!
http://www.kierlandresort.com/

The Kierland Commons...who knew palm trees and cactus could look so nice?

My sister Isabel golfing...this was taken from our patio area. What a view!


Ducks came into our patio every morning, noon, and whenever they heard you...


My two sisters...Isabel and Angela.

Heathy and Me!

The first thing Ryley said, "Mommy I don't want you to go on any more trips...Annnymore!"

While on vacation I was able to read an entire book and I am recommending it to all of you. It is called, "Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It was such an inspirational book!!! It really makes you take a look at your own life and how your living it. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and his family. May your faith help you find comfort and strength.
While reading this book I felt such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Randy shows such courage. He is such a great example not only to his own family and friends but to anyone who reads his book. The book is certainly a tear jerker but worth it.

1 comment:

Danielle Hatch said...

ahh, a relaxing vaca sounds wonderful! sooo nice of dave, what a great husband! we're moving next week, and so i'm trying to pull an es and pack with a new baby, crazy crazy!