Let The Count Down Begin

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 06, 2008

Go Green!

Just another reason for us to Go Green and teach our children about our environment. On Monday I went to The LA Arboretum (located in Arcadia...this is the city I grew up in) with our girls and their Grammy. It was such a wonderful experience!! We started out by taking a 40 minute guided tour, then we went back on our own and explored some of our favorite sites (like the rainforest). This botanical garden is composed of 126 lush acres and is historical. I remember visiting when I was younger. Being able to bring my own daughters made it very special. I was able to teach and show Ryley what nature has to offer. The Arboretum has five botanical gardens from Africa, Australia, The Americas, The Asiatic, and the historical circle. The living creatures were the icing on the cake. We saw Canadian geese, ducks, turtles, and peacocks. This is also a bird watchers paradise. I think the best part of my day was when Ryley said, "I had a lot of fun Mommy, can we come back?" The water fountain!
Grammy and Kai...

Ryley tripped and fell on the grass.

Bamboo!!!!!!!! COOL

Ryley teasing the geese. She also got to feed them.

Environmental Artist Patrick Dougherty creates an exquisite piece!

'Catawampus' This was absolutely spectacular! Amazing how this piece was weaved together.

Ryley and her obsession of smelling EVERYTHING!

My love of Orchids!

Spectacular Waterfall...

Ryley feeding the residents of the Arboretum.

The resident...peacock not afraid to walk up to people. We were able to touch their feathers.

Vibrant Plumage!

10 Ways to Go Green and Save

3 comments:

courtni said...

hey hey!! Ryley is like a little woman, WHAT! Ahh, makes me sad! We just ran into the Cardenas' @ Wagon Wheel bowling alley! Miss you guys, but I'm SOOO glad you're blogging, just hunted you down.

jenibug said...

I remember going there when I was little! It's so pretty and your pictures are great, makes me want to take a trip down there.

Oliverson Family said...

Tell the girls to stop growing up so fast. :) Hope you had a great vaca with your sisters. I'll have to call and hear all about your relaxing week. Loves.