Let The Count Down Begin

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My HuGe MiStAkE

Why we should never be in a hurry...hungry...and tired...it was a combo package for me that Friday. I know my huge mistake was caused by me...simply being in a hurry.
I turned my car off, reached across the seat and grabbed the diaper bag. I opened Ryley's door and got her out of her car seat. I shut the doors. I went around the car with Ry in tow to get Kai out. I tried to open the car door and the door was locked. I tried the front door. Locked too! I looked inside my diaper bag. No keys, I looked and looked and couldn't seem to find them. This however as pathetic as it may seem is not uncommon for me. I can lose my wallet, cell phone, car keys in a second flat. Yup I can't remember anything! I'm suffering from Momsomnia!!! LOL...Thanks to my friend Allison, I tried to remain calm, but after taking everything out of the diaper bag, we looked inside the car and Allison spotted the keys dangling from my cup holder. With the temps being in the 90's and even hotter in the car, the fire dept were the ones that could respond quicker than AAA club! UGH! A motor officer showed up within 30 seconds of the call being placed. I'm so grateful for Allison, she kept telling me everything was going to be okay. Of course as most mothers would do...I started crying! It's such a horrible feeling of helplessness...not being able to do anything for your little one as sweat beads off her legs, arms, and face. She kept reaching her arms out for me to get her out! SO SORRY to MIA! I'm still kicking myself over it!!! Kai was probably locked in the car for about 15-20 mins. Towards the end she wasn't crying, moving, or alert. She was just sitting there! The fire fighters said they had to get her out, no time for the slim jim. So they broke my side window to unlock the door. Thank GOD she is okay! We love her so much!
Fire truck..Yucaipa Fire Dept.

Mia (Mine)...drinking water and sitting in the car with the air on.

Yucaipa/Calimesa's finest! THANKS!

Hmmm...what just happened?

My HuGe MiStAkE! A very costly one!

Yes Yes...I always carry my camera. The pics were taken after I stopped shaking and of course once I knew Kai was going to be alright! The love a parent has for their children is unbelievable!

2 comments:

River Nomads said...

OMG! How scary is that! I'm glad you live in a town that has an emergency officer at every corner:) Glad to hear the babes are doing OK. I had the exact experience, only I was the one helping the mother who had parked next to me and locked her two kids in. Mom and babies were frantic! I felt so bad! The only help I could offer was AAA service - and it took them 25 min. to get there. Hope your new window is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! That's so crazy! Sorry again about your window, that's such a bummer! At least the girls are okay.