Let The Count Down Begin

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while since I lasted blogged. You may be wondering why? Well...I'm addicted to Facebook and Dave's been busy. If your not familiar with facebook I'm insisting you check it out. You'll either love it or hate it. Most people I know become addicts. It's a great way to keep in touch with your entire family. You always know what's going on and what your friends and family are up to.

I can't help but to keep thinking about our economy and all the tragedy around us. I keep trying to think positive but it's so hard to do it when you know it will be a long time before things turn around. Listening to the news is almost depressing when you hear how many people are losing their jobs daily. On top of people losing their jobs you get people who don't think that there's another way to deal with things other than murdering their families and killing themselves. This is not the answer! I truly believe that if there's ever been a time to develop a relationship with your God then this is it. I'm glad we have our beliefs, it helps comfort me at times like these.

Yesterday morning there was a horrific accident on one of our freeways. A driver on the freeway was driving the wrong way he hit another driver head on. That other driver was a police officer Sgt. Curtis Massey who lost his life on his way to work...Sgt. Massey leaves his wife and three small children behind. I don't know this man or his family. This tragedy simply hits home. It hits homes because it's another reminder of just how precious life is. It can be taken from us at any given moment. I pray that the Massey family finds comfort and strength in their beliefs. Things like this and my own experiences teach me not to take life for granted.

1 comment:

jenibug said...

The most recent tragedy of the father killing his family has been weighing on my mind as well. I always think, if things get so bad that you lose everything and have to live in a tent, then you just make it work! For now, I'll count my blessings.